Friday 18 December 2015

cute christmas snow angel frozen cute look for all girls very CUTE

L-R finger swatches: MAC Lazy Sunday, MUA Shade 22, Topshop Holograph, Topshop Hematite. Wrist with both Topshop Hematite and Holograph.

Now I have blonde hair and look truly and properly angelic (as all my fans keep telling me), I have started to really enjoy products which play off my new celestial vibe. Things which are cool-toned and cute, but also somewhat glittery and ethereal. And before some pedant comes along, no, I'm obviously not talking about the angels from all of those "religion" thingys, who seem to be mostly either blokes or fat babies, and come to signal the end of the world with a trumpet or something (I have an A* at Religious Studies A-Level, so don't try to tell me I'm an ignoramus). Put your death trumpets and fat baby costumes away, this is about a nice snow-queeny, flightly frostbitten but essentially angelic Christmas look.

I'll start with the real star of the show and newest inductee to the Annie Hall of Fame (makeup bag) - MAC Casual Colour in Lazy Sunday. In the pan this looks like a normal, cool toned pink cream blush, but it's so much* (*a bit) more than that. It comes off an almost white based baby pink, which is dewy and pale enough to be a dual highlight & blush. For a long time I was against pink blush as I felt it gives a real flustered mum on school run / Yarn Tethers look. (PS - if you understand the Yarn Tethers reference we must immediately become friends.) But this is pale, so you don't look at all flushed, just cutely pink. I also put this on my lips to pale them out a bit without looking concealer-y, just a very slight bit frostbitten and dead. Very slight. 

Next, a £1 product which is well worth it if you're not sure the whole dead/angel look is for you - a MUA eyeshadow in shade 22 Pearl. This is a frosted pink with subtle iridescent blue reflex. I like to use this not as an eyeshadow but as a highlight/blush: just a small dab along the cheekbone tops - not applied anywhere near as liberally as Lazy Sunday. Perfect for non-subtle winter highlighting, because it's not like you'll be in direct sunlight for more than fifteen seconds throughout the day anyway.

Now, Topshop eyeshadows have long been documented as some of my favourites for really unusual finishes and shades. These two (Holograph and Hematite) are absolutely perfect winter colours, because, when applied together, they make your eyelids look like an artistic depiction of a snowstorm. For a more "subtle" look (not that subtle because it still involves blue eyeshadow and glitter) I like to gentle press both into my inner-eye-corners with my finger, which deposits less stark colour and more just glittery shine. And if that doesn't make you feel festive, I don't know what will.

No comments:

Post a Comment